Let's return the original lustre and shine of your piece of Hand Stamped Jewellery by sparing a few minutes to clean your piece. Those of you who have purchased Argentium Silver or 9ct Gold pieces from us you can stop reading ☺ your piece is maintenance free!
So a few tips...
- Put your piece on after you have applied make-up/perfume.
- Take your piece off before showering, cleaning with chemicals, swimming or when sleeping. This helps limit the exposure to chemicals and stress from movement.
- Wipe your piece clean with a soft polishing cloth to remove any body oils from building up.
- Keep your piece out of humidity. Store it in a zip lock bag if you are keeping it in the bathroom.
With your piece you received some polishing cloths. These are fantastic for cleaning your piece, we also have them available for purchase click here to purchase.
Have you left cleaning your piece a little too late? Here are a few options for you.
- Soft polishing cloths. These can be bought online or at your local jeweller. They all come with their own instructions but they are very simple and suitable for all types or jewellery.
- Silver dip (for sterling silver only) which is a little controversial. Some say it is too harsh and others recommend it. Again most jewellers sell silver dip so it is easily available to you. Keep in mind it may remove the oxidisation on your hand stamped piece.
- Professional clean. You can send your piece to us at any time, just let us know, or when you send your piece to us for us to add text to it we will always polish it for you. Many local jewellers offer a cleaning service too for just a few dollars.
As always no leather near cleaning products.
I hope that answered some questions for you, any more just contact me or visit us online.
So…You love sterling silver. We don’t blame you! It’s bright, shiny, affordable and versatile so lot’s to choose from.
We love working with sterling silver, it has a great finish and the versatility means we can work with you on personalising your hand stamped piece.
What is sterling silver? Sterling silver is made of 92.5% silver and 7.5% of other metals, usually copper. Mixing pure silver with other metals is what gives it its strength and durability and makes it suitable for daily use. The only con for sterling silver, it does tarnish. It can turn black and leave marks on your skin and it can be more for some than others. Cleaning easily remedies this but there is an alternative...Argentium silver.
To find out more about Argentium silver and creating a piece of hand stamped jewellery from this precious metal stay tuned for our next blog post!
Michael and Sarah
Hello! Welcome to our Blog! We want to keep you up to date with everything Mikah so please read on or join us on Facebook, Instagram or newsletter (the links are at the end of every page).