Tuesday here in the Mikah Studio and I am just sitting down with a coffee and some early David Bowie playing ready to start typing this blog...something that doesn't come easily to me. Here we go though! Today I wanted to give you all the info on measuring your bracelet/bangle sizes.
Have you visited our bracelet and bangle category? Well this is the most popular category you all visit on our site. I always wonder why this is and I think I know why...because when you are gifting someone a piece you may say 'they don't wear jewellery' or 'they rarely wear a necklace' followed by 'a bracelet would be a great option though!'. But your next dilemma...how to I give a measurement when I can't get the size?? It's a gift!!
While it may seem daunting there are a few steps that can make it an easy task. Firstly, have you seen our video on measuring your bracelet or bangle size? Here is the link to view or click the image below.
It is so simple to measure your bracelet &/or bangle size. All you need is string, a pen, a ruler and maybe piece of tape if you are finding it hard to hold the string in place. If it is a gift there are a few questions you can ask youself -
• Do they wear a watch? Do they wear it high and tight or low on their wrist and loose? Can you get their watch to sneak a measurement?
• Do they already wear bracelets / bangles, how do they wear them?
• Do they find it easy to use a clasp or have someone to help them? If not maybe a bangle or style with a magnetic clasp is best.
• Is their wrist a similar size to yours or someone you know? Maybe you can use that as a reference.
• Go bigger. If you are choosing a leather wrapped or chain bracelet they can be altered easily. If it is too big just let us know (you will need to post it to,us with a return envelope).
Everyone is different. Different preference for wearing, wrist shape, they may have young children so a chain stlye might get pulled on so a solid bangle may be best etc. but we hope these tips help. You are giving them such a personal gift, that will really show them how much you care, all the time you put into the piece will show and they will cherish it forever.
We hope this makes it so much easier for you!
Sarah and Michael xx
Hello! Welcome to our Blog! We want to keep you up to date with everything Mikah so please read on or join us on Facebook, Instagram or newsletter (the links are at the end of every page).