Caring For Your Jewellery - Leather
Leather is a natural product that will stretch and mark over time. You will find the adjustable knots tight at first but your body heat and time will soften the know. Our leather bracelets are made with Australian kangaroo lace and plaited to fit your measurements.
With proper care, your piece of sterling silver jewellery will last a lifetime. Below are some tips to help you get the most out of your leather and sterling silver or gold fill pendant.
- Put your piece on after you have applied hand cream/make-up/perfume.
- Take your piece off before immersing in water, showering, cleaning with chemicals, swimming or when sleeping. This helps limit the exposure to chemicals and stress from movement.
- Wipe your piece clean with a soft polishing cloth to remove any body oils from building up.
- Keep your piece out of humidity. Store it in a zip lock bag if you are keeping it in the bathroom.
- Don't roll your bracelet on or off, this puts it under stress it isn't designed for and can stretch your bracelet.
Wipe your pendant clean using a silver polishing cloth, this will maximize the shine and luster you can bring back to your piece, other cloths or paper towel may have small fibers you can’t see that can scratch the surface.
The oxidization (or darkening of the letters on your piece of hand stamped jewellery) may wear over time, this may be more evident after cleaning if you have worked too much into the grooves where the item has been stamped.
We are happy to re-oxidize your item for you, contact us to arrange.
You may notice over time that your gold fill or sterling silver pendant may start to tarnish. This is a natural response as it reacts with chemicals and air it is exposed to. Polishing and cleaning can remove this and bring it back to its original condition.